A nice footed glass with a handle is our preference here at Kytelers Inn. It allows the customer to savour the rich coffee and whiskey without scalding the hand.
A big shot of espresso is usually best, but instant will do fine.
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Coffee (or One shot of espresso)
- 1 heaped teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 Full measure: Powers whiskey (preferably)
- Half whipped Cream
- Garnish: Chocolate powder
- Heat the Glass
- Pour in espresso and add water until half way up the glass
- Add the brown sugar and stir well
- Add the shot of Whiskey
- Top up with water until 2cm from the rim of the glass
- Add the half whipped cream to the top being careful to rest it on the surface.
- Garnish with a little sprinkled chocolate
- Always heat the Glass
- Consume soon after preparation...you don't want your coffee getting cold
- DON'T STIR!!!!
If you have any tips, tricks or ways you prefer. I would love to know. Please let me know in the comments.